Academic Skills Support
If you feel that you may need ANY academic support, clarification or you simply want to discuss your options – or you are interested in learning more about the learning resources and support available at ACAD, drop by the Learning Assistance Resources Office. You will also learn about academic support while attending ACAD’s mandatory orientation seminars, in your first year.
Learning Assistance Resources can help
- If you are experiencing or anticipate that you will experience difficulty in your courses at ACAD
- If you are concerned about an assignment or paper or any other studio or Liberal Studies assignment
- If you want to learn effective study skills or strategies, time management skills and test taking tips
- If you wish to receive tutoring or academic strategy support from one of the ACAD peer tutors and professional tutors/academic strategists
- If your first language is not English (whether you are an international student or a permanent resident) and you would like to discuss any supports that may be available to you
- Drop-in tutoring and Learning Strategist sessions
- One-on-one Tutoring
- Study Group sessions
- Study skills seminars including test taking, time management, writing skills, note taking, writing multiple choice exams
- Individual academic Advising
Important Academic Support Services
Does the Learning Assistance Resources have anything that could help you? Download any of the PDFs below to learn more about some of the important academic support services that the LAR provides.
Art History Exam Guides