English Proficiency Requirements
The language of instruction of all ACAD courses is English. All applicants must possess an adequate level of proficiency in English as demonstrated by one of the following:
- Successful completion of at least two years of full-time instruction in a school where English is the language of instruction including a passing grade in a grade 12 English course or its equivalent.
- Successful completion of at least one year of full-time instruction (18 credits) at a post-secondary institution where English is the language of instruction, including at least one transferable course in English composition or literature.
- Achievement of an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 83 on the Internet-based test (iBT) with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four testing sections, 560 on the paper-based test (PBT), or 220 on the computer-based test (CBT).
- Achievement of a score of 70 or higher on the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment.
- Achievement of a score of 6.5 of higher on the International English Language Test (IELTS).