All registered degree students at ACAD are able to rent a locker space for the duration of the academic year. Lockers are $40 for the year ($30 for the semester) and this fee includes a $20 lock deposit which is refundable when the lock is returned at the end of the term.
Most ACAD lockers are large enough to store portfolios, laptops, cameras, and tool boxes. Lockers are a deterrent to theft on campus, and will keep student belongings safe.
Terms of the Locker Rental:
- The locker rental fee is $40 and will be assessed once a year in the fall semester, or $30 for students beginning the winter semester.
- The locker rental covers the use of the lock and locker; ACAD will provide locks.
- The locker rental covers the period September 1 through April 30th.
- Only ACAD supplied locks may be used; student supplied locks may not. Any non-ACAD lock found on a locker will be cut off and the locker contents confiscated.
- Students may not register for more than one locker.
- The locker rental fee is non refundable after the end of the second week of classes.
- ACAD does not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of contents from lockers that have been rented to students.
- ACAD locks must be returned to the Cashier by April 30. When a lock is returned there will be a $20 refund provided.
Locker Rental Procedures:
- Lockers are available for rent through the webService registration process. Due to the limited number of lockers available, priority for locker registration will be given to students whose programs do not provide them with a home studio space.
- UNTIL AUGUST 17th - Lockers will be reserved for students in First Year Studies, BFA General Studies, Photography (all levels) and 2nd year Visual Communications Design.
- AFTER AUGUST 17th - Remaining lockers will be released for open registration
- Locker rental has been set up similar to a Fall semester course with a limited number of locker units available. Students should select CRN 20812, LOCK 100A. Successful registration in this CRN confirms the student will be assigned a locker.
Locker numbers and lock combinations will be assigned after August 1st and can be obtained from the Security Officer.
To contact ACAD Security services, call 403.284.7672, or visit the red security booth in the centre mall.