Student Success Seminars
The SRC, in collaboration with numerous campus partners, coordinate a variety of workshops that are free for all students at ACAD. Workshops occur every Wednesday at lunch (and some evenings) in the Lecture Theatre and focus on three areas of student success: career, academic and personal.
- Job Interview Skills
- Job Search \ How to Read a Job Ad \ Resume + Cover Letter
- Involvement \ Build Your Resume
- Business Writing
- StoreFront \ MNG \ How to Price Work \ How to Present Work
- Career Pathways \ Transferrable Skills \ Using Your Degree
- Artists' Residency
- Alumni Panel \ Speed Dating
- Artists' Contracts
- Grad Schools \ Bed \ Cultural Management Fair - Career Day
- Study Skills \ Time Management Exam
- Skills \ Test Taking
- Essay Writing
- Research Skills
- Critique \ Feedback
- Choosing Your Major/Decision Making
- First Year Studies Fair
- Citation \ Methodology
- Academic Integrity
- Relaxation - Group Sessions
- Stress Management \ Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution - Dealing with Difficult People
- Mobility + Exchange
We want your input!
Do you have a topic in mind? Know a speaker that would be fantastic? Is there information everyone should know? Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to bring us ideas for upcoming workshop content! Visit the SRC!
Workshops are advertised in the Updates and via posters around the college. If you have questions or want to know the latest, talk to the SRC.