Tuition and Fees
Tuition and student fees are determined by the Board of Governors of the Alberta College of Art + Design. The Board reserves the right to change fees and deposits when necessary and without notice. Student fees, other than tuition, are evaluated each year in conjunction with tuition.
Tuition for 2012/13 has been set in accordance with the Public Post-secondary Institutions’ Tuition Fees Regulations released by the Government of Alberta, and in consultation with the Alberta College of Art + Design Students’ Association. Tuition for future years will be set in accordance with these regulations.
Canadian Citizen and Permanent Resident Per Credit: $147.85
International Students Per Credit: $466.55
ACAD assesses tuition fees on a per-credit basis. The following schedule represents tuition and student fees for a student taking an average course load of 15 credits per semester, 30 credits per academic year.
Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Tuition fees are applied to all students. Tuition fees, along with other operating revenue, provide for credit instruction. Credit instruction includes but is not limited to the following:
Tuition fees will cover a portion of the programs' expendable supplies necessary to support general studio operation and use. The balance may be charged to students as supplementary fees on a cost recovery basis.
Mandatory supplementary fees may be assessed to recover a portion of the programs' expendable supplies necessary to support general studio operation and use.
Students will be notified of the mandatory supplementary fees in three ways:
- Instruction and evaluation of work/performance
- General studio operation and use, including but not limited to studio repairs and maintenance, equipment rental, studio assistance and/or supervision (where available)
- Resources to support instruction: such as the Learning Resources Centre, the woodshop, the audio visual facilities, and other materials or services required as a result of the method of teaching used by the instructor
- Counseling and related student services
Mandatory supplementary fees for courses will be payable to the Alberta College of Art & Design by the same deadline dates as all tuition and student fees. With the exception of per-credit supplementary fees are not refundable after the last day to change courses for the semester in which the course is being offered. These fees are not tax deductible.
- Fees for all courses and programs shall be published in the College Calendar
- Mandatory supplementary fees will be described and listed in course outlines
- Fees will be published in the Course Timetable
Assessment of Fees
- All tuition, student association fees, and supplementary fees are due and payable at registration:
The Registrar may, in extenuating situations, authorize the deferral of a Degree student's fees in whole or in part. Non-degree students are not eligible for deferral of fees.
Students having accounts overdue to the College or reciprocal institutions will be subject to:
- A student unable to pay at registration may be allowed to process an interim registration, however, a student identification card will not be issued and the student shall not be entitled to the associated services until all fees are paid in full. An interim registration will not be permitted beyond the tenth day of instruction.
- A student who has not paid all fees by the tenth day of instruction will be subject to a late payment penalty.
- A student who has not paid all fees by the twenty-first day of instruction will have his/her registration revoked by the Registrar, and will not be eligible for refund of fees paid to date.
- Withholding of marks, transcripts and/or diploma.
- Ineligibility for registration in subsequent academic years.
- Any other collection efforts deemed appropriate.
Refund of Fees
- A student who officially withdraws from the college may be eligible for a refund of tuition fees. The Students' Association fees, confirmation deposit, activity fee, processing fee and other miscellaneous user fees are non-refundable. With the exception of per-credit supplementary frees, mandatory supplementary fees are non-refundable after the last day to change courses, as outlined in the College Calendar.
- Refunds are calculated on the basis of the official date of withdrawal. The official date of withdrawal, for purposes of assessing a refund, will be the date a completed Withdrawal From the College Form is submitted to the Registrar's Office, not the date the student stops attending classes.
- Where a student's fees have been paid through a student loan, the refund will be forwarded to the appropriate loan agency to be applied toward the student's outstanding loan.
- All students will be required to pay a nonrefundable confirmation deposit. This deposit will serve to hold the student's space and will be applied toward the student's tuition fees upon registration.