Donating to the library
Support learning, nurture our collection and give the gifts of knowledge and inspiration. The library welcomes financial support as well as gifts in-kind.
Please contact the library to make a donation.
The Library selectively accepts donations of gifts in-kind. Items are carefully scrutinized prior to integration into the collection. All items must be in good physical condition. In order to be introduced into the collection the following collection development standards apply:
- Supports diverse curriculum, teaching, learning and research activity at ACAD
- Represents currency and/or new scholarship
- Enhances historical representation in the collection
- Fills identified gaps in the collection
- Provides most recent edition
- Replaces essential lost, missing or worn item
- English or bilingual content
The Library reserves the right to sell items in reasonable condition, with proceeds used to enhance library resources. Items deemed not saleable will be discarded and when possible disposed of through the college recycling program.
* As a general rule the Library does not appraise gifts, nor arrange for tax receipts.