Culture Travel Tours
ACAD Culture Tours are the perfect blend of education, exploration, and enjoyment. Come travel with us and get inspired.
You’ll travel with an ACAD guide who is passionate about the cultural history of your destination and eager to share her or his knowledge with you.
What makes ACAD Culture Travel Tours SO great? Well, that part is easy.
- You’ll travel with like-minded people who also love art + culture – and learning about it.
- You’ll enjoy cultural experiences that you haven’t even imagined. Our ACAD guides delight in exposing you to those hidden cultural gems that only the locals know about.
- You can relax and enjoy the experience, knowing that all the logistics are taken care of for you.
Each trip begins with a series of classes in Calgary where you will learn about your chosen destination and meet your fellow travellers.
Travelling is a great way to get inspired so what are you waiting for? Come travel with us.
Paris Autumn textile tour
October 6 - 13, 2017 (7 days in Paris)
Come to Paris this autumn and experience this enchanting city through the cultural lens of ACAD tour guide Leah Van Loon.
Discover a Paris rich in craftsmanship and creation with a week long excursion through textile museums, studio visits and neighbourhood walks. Leah is an expert in her field of fashion and costume design and has used her extensive network in Paris to bring you specialized experiences. Explore Parisian markets, shops and artisans in this one-of-a-kind tour.
Cost: €2700 (approximately $3995 +GST) **
Fees for your specialty 7 day tour includes:
• A quality hotel in central Paris
• All breakfasts
• All lunches (when with the group)
• A farewell dinner
• Welcome event
• Orientation tour
• Bateau Moche tour of the city from the river Seine
• A trip to the world’s largest flea market
• A guided tour through passages of Paris
• Montmartre excursion
• Entrance fees to chosen museums and guided tours
• Transportation for the week with a 7-day metro pass
• Access to concierge services provided by your personal host
Additional tour opportunities for artist visits and talks in studio will be available. This fall we are excited to offer a special private studio workshop where will learn the secrets of indigo from a Parisian expert, and create your own masterpiece to take home (price TBD).
** Price is an exchange of CAD from when the tour was booked with FXT by ACAD. Price is based on double occupancy; private accommodations available for an additional fee. Flights are not included. A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is due by July 31st to book your spot on the tour with all fees paid in CAD by August 30th to amount to €2700 per person. If there are not enough people to run the tour the deposit will be refunded.
Let us know if you want to extend your stay and we will help with arrangements.
This is a walking tour through the winding streets of Paris and all participants must be mobile.
Paris Trip Launch Party
Meet Leah and learn more about this fabulous tour at a lovely wine and cheese event!
WHEN: Monday, July 17 at 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Cassis Bistro (2505-17 Avenue SW) - Calgary, Alberta
Or contact the Continuing Education office by email or by phone at 403.284.7640.