San Miguel - Winter Painting Tour
Leave the studio walls and winter behind to paint plein air, amidst the 17th and 18th century architecture of the city centre.
This immersive tour is both a painting course and trip to a unique World Heritage UNESCO site with one of ACAD Continuing Education’s most accomplished instructors, Mark Vazquez Mackay.
Fees for your nine day specialty tour includes:
- Painting plain-air the town’s colonial architecture from the various parks and plazas
- Visiting the numerous Baroque churches including the famous neo-gothic church: La Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel.
- Three evenings in private studio visits with artist’s talks
- Tours of the art galleries and exhibitions
- Attendance to a gallery opening reception
- Accommodation in an apartment style hotel and use of surrounding gardens
- All breakfasts
- Private bus transfer from Leon airport (BJX) to San Miguel and return to Leon on the last day
- Orientation tour
- Farewell Dinner
Cost: $1,800 CAN + GST
Contact the Continuing Education office by email or by phone at 403.284.7651 for more information.
ACAD Guide + Con Ed Instructor Bio:
Mark Vázquez-Mackay has deep connections to San Miguel de Allende. Like a generation of painters before him, Mark traveled there seeking inspiration from the hard equatorial light and the Spanish-Colonial aesthetic. He completed his MFA at the Instituto Allende, teaching there for a term before returning to Calgary. Mark travels to San Miguel de Allende every year to paint and to re-connect to a close-knit community of renowned artists where he is welcomed as one of their own. Mark’s desire to share his love and knowledge of this town make him the ideal guide for this tour.