Pre-College Program Bursaries
Need financial assistance? Apply for a Pre-College Program bursary and get the support you need.
Do I qualify for a Pre-College Program bursary?
To qualify for a Pre-College Program bursary, you must demonstrate:
- Financial need
- Artistic ability
- Academic proficiency
- Support from your art teacher or guidance counselor
- Willingness to contribute to the cultural, intellectual, artistic and overall diversity of the program
- Interest and commitment to the program
You must also be a student between the ages of 16 and 18, have completed grades 10, 11 or 12, and be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant residing in Canada a minimum of two years.
Note that bursaries are available only to first time applicants of the Pre-College Program.
How many bursaries are available?
We offer a limited number of partial bursaries to students who for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to attend our Pre-College Program.
A portion of the bursaries are reserved for Alberta students.
What expenses do bursaries cover?
Bursaries are applied toward program costs only. They cannot be applied to residence accommodation or other expenses associated with the Pre-College Program.
No cash is awarded - bursaries are automatically applied to program costs for all students who qualify.
How do I apply?
Applications for bursary funds will open February 15, 2018. Click here to get started. You will need to create an account with SlideRoom (you do not need to have an account with Apply Alberta) and look under Available Programs to begin.
In general, it will involve four components that you will complete online in SlideRoom:
- Registration form. Don’t forget to include your elective choice.
- Copies of 2016 Revenue Canada T-452 Notice of Assessment from each parent/guardian.
- Copy of an official transcript of your most recent full academic year grades.
- Statement of Intent: In approximately 150 words, tell us why you are interested in ACAD’s Pre-College Program.
- Letter of recommendation on your school’s letterhead from your high school art teacher or guidance/career counsellor.
- Five images of your artwork.
The deadline to apply is May 13, 2018. We will contact all applicants by email to let them know if they were awarded a bursary or not and to make arrangements for payment of the remaining balance.
If you have any other questions please contact us by phone at 403.338.5592 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we're here to help you out.