What Will I Do?
Learn more about what’s involved, the schedule, and activities over the month.
As a Pre-College student, you will join a talented community of practicing artists + designers who are eager to explore ideas, challenge ideas, and experiment. All classes are taught by ACAD faculty who are passionate about education and helping you to grow. Studio assignments, research projects, and critiques will increase your abilities to observe, conceptualize, and create. You will use a variety of media and build a portfolio of finished work that you can use for post-secondary admission and bursary applications.
In just four weeks of full-time studies, you will be amazed by how far you can go.
Each week, you will receive 25 hours of instructional time that is supported by additional studio hours after class and evening events.
- Fine Arts - 2 full days in studio (10 hours each week)
- Design – 2 full days in studio (10 hours each week)
- Studio elective – 1 full day in studio (5 hours each week)
During the month, you will also take part in extra activities designed to broaden your horizons and have fun.
- Individual portfolio reviews
- Field trips to The Banff Centre, a professional design firm, an artist-run centre/ commercial gallery.
- Evening events: portfolio preparation workshops + life drawing classes
- Group exhibition + ceremony
Pre-College students are expected to attend all classes and studio hours Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, and evening activities which are held on Monday and Wednesday evenings until 8:30 pm. Homework may be necessary other evenings or weekends. It’s not really homework if you love it, right?
When it’s all over, we celebrate! The final Friday of the program will conclude with a group exhibition of participants’ works, a ceremony, group photo.