Indigenous Graduate Awards
Eligible MFA students must submit their Indigenous Ancestry proof directly to the ACAD Research and Graduate Studies Office firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21st, 2018.
Acceptable forms of Indigenous Ancestry proof may include one of the following:
- certificate of Indian Status, a status card or a band membership card
- letter from their band verifying their status
- membership card issued by a Métis organization the student is registered with (Metis organization must be a legal entity)
- a certified copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit beneficiary card
- letter of support from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada or Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- a letter of support from an First Nation, Metis or Inuit organization (must be a legal entity) confirming the applicant’s aboriginal ancestry
Student must also meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Métis or Inuit and be able to provide a copy of proof of Indigenous ancestry
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or have protected person status under: Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be a resident of Alberta
- Registered MFA student, in at least 60% of a full course load (40% of a full course load if you are a student with a permanent disability).
Full awards details: Alberta Student Aid http://studentaid.alberta.ca/scholarships/alberta-scholarships/indigenous-graduate-award/