The Aecon Photography Award (310-0566)
For more than a century, Aecon and its predecessor companies have helped to build many of Canada’s most famous infrastructure landmarks — from the CN Tower and St. Lawrence Seaway, to the Vancouver Sky Train and Halifax Shipyards. But perhaps more importantly, Aecon also helped to build hundreds of factories, roads, sewer systems, theaters, book stores, power plants, mine sites, arts centres, offices, hotels, casinos, and gas, electrical and telecommunications networks, that may not carry the same high profile but are, nonetheless, integral to the way we live and work.
- Upload all supporting documentation (images, statement, etc.) to Slideroom
- Application Deadline: Feb 1 (*applications will be accepted on the following working day, if the deadline falls on a weekend)
Upon selection, the student award recipient will provide photographic material based upon the theme and content specific criteria established by the donor.
Aecon will include the students name in small text at the bottom of the photos when used. Aecon will receive full copyrights to the images with the exception that the student can use the images in their portfolio with the understanding that the images cannot be duplicated nor sold.
The student will be responsible for:
- Having reliable means of transportation to get to/from Aecon sites
- Be willing to meet with Aecon representatives for an overview of the company and get a ‘feel’ for what the company is looking for
- Being available for up to, but no more than 4 on-site photo shoots
- Adhering to all Aecon safety polices and rules
- Providing the highest resolution digital photographs available to Aecon (via secured image hosting - shared)
Aecon will be responsible for:
- Providing a site orientation and on-site supervisor to ensure safety
- Providing all personal protective equipment (Ie. hard hat, vest, ear protection)
- Providing the student with exclusive access to industrial and/or construction sites
- Coverage for any additional expenses, i.e. mileage if site is outside of Calgary, printing and/or framing if requested, etc. These expenses are at the sole discretion of Aecon and should be agreed upon before any undertaking.
The student award winner may be kept on a retainer for future work if agreed upon by both parties.
*Previous experience in industrial/construction will be considered an asset and must have the ability to apply Aecon safety knowledge on site locations.