Check out the list of participating Exchange + Travel Study Program schools around the globe and go where the spirit takes you!
Please note, due to limited space, some of our institutional partners will offer space to ACAD students on the condition that equal numbers of their students are studying at ACAD over the same semester.
North American Exchange Partner Institutions:
ACAD (the Alberta College of Art + Design) is a member of AICAD (the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design). AICAD offers resources for art, craft, and design students including Exchange programming.
ACAD's membership with AICAD involves Exchange partnerships with over 40 North American institutions. Please visit AICAD's Extended Opportunities website for the current listing of partner institutions. (Don't forget to refresh your browser.) Canadian students please note: AICAD refers to our Winter semester (January-April) as "Spring."
International Exchange Partner Institutions:
ACAD has institutional Exchange Agreements with the following international institutions:
- Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland
- University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia
- Escuela de Pintura Escultura y Grabado “La Esmerelda,” Mexico City (language requirement)
- University College Falmouth, Cornwall, England
- Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, Dundee, Scotland
- Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Bergen National Academy of Arts, Bergen, Norway
- KEA Copenhagen School of Design & Technology, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Lodz, Lodz, Poland
- Academy of Fine Arts in Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
- University Politechica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain (language requirement)
International summer residency study abroad programs are offered by affiliate institutions. The student will pay affiliate institutional fees:
- Burren College of Art, Ballywaughan, Ireland