Students of Visual Communication Design in the School of Communication Design (SCD) develop professional careers in advertising, graphic design, illustration, and character design through specialized program streams grounded in practice, solid drawing and visualization skills, and industry relevance.
- Spacious classrooms with wireless internet access and colour-balanced lighting
- Ergonomic seating, ample layout and workspace, and industrial sinks
- Integrated colour projectors
- Actively ventilated spray booths on each floor
- Studios located within easy access of the campus print facility
VCD faculty members are leading figures in the international design industry and passionate educators dedicated to mentoring and developing Canada’s next group of award-winning design thinkers.
VCD alumni lead the creative industry globally as award-winning designers and illustrators, art directors, and creative directors, influencing many of the top brands, magazines, and organizations worldwide.
Some of our celebrated alumni include:
Jillian Tamaki (Governor General Award winner)