English requirements for Bachelors Degrees
All ACAD courses are taught in English, so applicants need to have an adequate level of proficiency in the language.
To be accepted into ACAD’s Bachelors Degree program, you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in English by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Successful completion of at least two years of full-time instruction in a high school where English is the language of instruction, including a passing grade in a grade 12 English course or equivalent.
- Successful completion of one year of full-time instruction (18 credits) at a post-secondary institution where English is the language of instruction, including at least one transferrable English course in composition or literature.
- A score of 83 or higher on an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) on the Internet-based test (iBT), with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four testing sections, 560 on the paper-based test (PBT), or 220 on the computer-based test (CBT).
- A score of 70 or higher on the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment.
- A score of 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Test (IELTS).