Alumni Discovery Initiative
The Alumni Discovery Initiative is a research project connecting current students with alumni to better understand alumni interests and values, learn how best to engage alumni in the future of ACAD, and establish relationships between current and former students for mentorships, internships and networking.
Why support this project?
The process of discovery reconnects alumni who may have lost ties with the college, providing us with valuable perspectives and guidance for the future of ACAD.
The initiative also provides a rich educational experience for our current students, helping develop their interpersonal and professional skills and connecting them with alumni who have knowledge and experience to share.
Your support enables more student ambassadors to conduct more interviews over a shorter timeframe. This initiative is entirely donor-funded and can only be successful with your help.
How it works
The initiative engages alumni through face-to-face discussions, with current students acting as cultural ambassadors to conduct the interviews. The information gathered through these one-on-one conversations provides direction for alumni communications and outreach, helps define special programming such as career services, and informs the creation of new opportunities for engagement with ACAD.
The goals for the Alumni Discovery Initiative are as follows:
- Establish dialogue between alumni and ACAD, and within the greater alumni network
- Discover areas of interest of alumni in order to identify ways ACAD can connect meaningfully with them
- Understand what alumni value in order to create more relevant programs, events, and opportunities
- Increase alumni engagement with ACAD using nontraditional ways of connecting to increase their participation in ACAD recruitment and advocacy
- Connect alumni with ACAD students to learn first-hand about the current student experience and create opportunities for making long-term connections that could result in mentorships and internships for graduating students
- Gather key information on alumni experiences, what they’re doing now, and how ACAD helped them get there in order to strengthen our case for support from government and other funding agencies
- Significantly improve the number and size of gifts made by ACAD alumni, and identify new major gift prospects
How to get involved
Contact us today at 403.284.6238 or by email